Here in Miami its pretty much feels like summer all the time. So everyday is a great day for ice cream!
We like to cool off and give out taste buds a treat by making our own ice cream. This flavor combines the best of both worlds, ice cream and our favorite pastelito filling of guava and cream cheese.
- 2 ½ cups unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup evaporated cane sugar
- 1-2 tubs GO Veggie! Dairy Free Cream Cheese
- 3 tbsp. arrowroot powder, dissolved in 3 tbsp. soymilk creamer
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 cup guava paste, diced
- 2 Om Nom Nom chocolate chip cookie, crushed
1. Heat a small saucepot over medium heat.
2. Add almond milk and cane sugar.
3. Heat until sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes.
4. Stir in tub of GO Veggie! Dairy Free Cream Cheese.
5. Add arrowroot slurry and stir until thick.
6. Add in sea salt, vanilla extract and lemon juice and remove from heat. Whisk to combine.
7. Let cool completely, about 1 hour.
8. Transfer mixture to the ice cream maker and process according to directions.
9. About 5 minutes before ice cream is done, add in diced guava and crushed ccokies to the ice cream mixture.
Peanut Buter Cookies are so rich and delicious that they feel like a guilty pleasure. But fear not, just go ahead and minus the guilt because even if you are creeping out of bed to grab some soy milk to go along with that cookie; you should enjoy it. Go ahead and savor every morsel of cookie while you glance out of a telescope at night. You’ll probably tire your eyes and head back to bed in your comfy pajamas and with a happy tummy.
A cosmic pieces to hang on your walls to always remind you of a galaxy far, far away.
Ethereal music to go with your late night cookie munching and galaxy spying, sit back relax and take in the sounds of Portishead.