We love our planet, it is one of the main reasons we are dedicated to spreading the Vegan word and why chose to have our company be 100% Vegan. This is the one day of the year that we as stuarts of our planet should really stop and think about our actions and how they effect this beautiful blue-green planet we call home. So with this in mind here are some things we thought to share with you that are easy to implement and have a huge impact of the overall well being of our planet.
- Ride your bike to work or to your next appointment… this is great for our planet and great for your personal health as well.
- Take a friend or a family member with you one day of the month to a beach or a park and spend a few hours picking up trash. Great for the planet and for other living creatures!
- Plant a tree, or grow your own veggies!
- Conserve water (turn off the water when brushing your teeth and while washing dishes)
- Eat a Vegan-Vegetarian diet for a few days a week at least
- Turn off appliances when not using them
- Buy local produce whenever possible
- Lobby your local government to increase spending on sidewalks and bike lanes. With little cost, these improvements can pay huge dividends in bettering your health and reducing traffic.
There are plenty things we can and should be doing to help our planet. What will you do?
“We need the tonic of wildness … At the same time that we are earnest to explore and learn all things, we require that all things be mysterious and unexplainable, that land and sea be indefinitely wild, unsurveyed and unfathomed by us because unfathomable. We can never have enough of nature.” —Henry David Thoreau