Here in Miami its pretty much feels like summer all the time. So everyday is a great day for ice cream!
We like to cool off and give out taste buds a treat by making our own ice cream. This flavor combines the best of both worlds, ice cream and our favorite pastelito filling of guava and cream cheese.
- 2 ½ cups unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup evaporated cane sugar
- 1-2 tubs GO Veggie! Dairy Free Cream Cheese
- 3 tbsp. arrowroot powder, dissolved in 3 tbsp. soymilk creamer
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 cup guava paste, diced
- 2 Om Nom Nom chocolate chip cookie, crushed
1. Heat a small saucepot over medium heat.
2. Add almond milk and cane sugar.
3. Heat until sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes.
4. Stir in tub of GO Veggie! Dairy Free Cream Cheese.
5. Add arrowroot slurry and stir until thick.
6. Add in sea salt, vanilla extract and lemon juice and remove from heat. Whisk to combine.
7. Let cool completely, about 1 hour.
8. Transfer mixture to the ice cream maker and process according to directions.
9. About 5 minutes before ice cream is done, add in diced guava and crushed ccokies to the ice cream mixture.
Here at Om Nom Nom Cookies, we sure do love cookies! But we also love pizza! Who says we can’t have both? Here’s a fun recipe to make your own mini cookie pizzas with our Gluten Free Cookie.
This recipe will be loved by little ones and would be a great after school activity. You can make one or make a whole batch of six and plastic wrap them for the week for the family’s lunch boxes.
♥ gluten free crust cookie (‘crust’) 1 cookie or 6 pack
♥ macerated berries (‘sauce’) 1/4 cup
♥ shredded coconut (‘cheese’) 1/4 cup
♥ vegan marshmallow (‘extra cheese’) about a handful (optional)
♥ choco chips/peanut butter choco chips (‘topping’) about a handful (optional)